Cover art by Kristina Swarner
Winter is coming to CRICKET Magazine, but as always, CRICKET brings fascinating fables, gorgeous art, and awesome activities. With a focus on winter holidays, tales and traditions from around the world, and even a couple of curious cats, you and your kids will want to snuggle up and spend the season hibernating with this magazine.
Starting with a sophisticated snow story from Japan, a fascinating fable from Korea, a thankful tradition from Thailand, and a variety of views on Christmas, this edition of CRICKET Magazine is chock full of delightful surprises. And thankfully, we didn’t forget turkey day! You and your children can make a tasty treat for the traditional holiday or retell a tale about two Thanksgivings around the table.
Enjoy features including:
- The Snow Woman’s Daughter by Eugie Foster
- Winter by Patricia N. Clark
- Wishing for Christmas by Kirsti Harris
- Thanksgiving Spell by Susan Vande Griek
- The Wishing Tree of the Blue Dragon Temple by B. C. Bond
- Loy Krathong by Susan Vande Griek
- The Island of Many Colors by Katharine Argall
- The Traveler by Connie Martin
- November Cat by Sandi Leibowitz
- Cricket Readers Recommend
- Midnight’s Christmas by Delia Hamilton
- The Year of Two Thanksgivings by Bianca Kennedy
- Gingerbread Pear Muffins by Heather Kraubner
Regular features of CRICKET magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.