Cover art by Jennifer Reinhardt
Cricket Magazine is always full of delightful surprises, and this edition is no different. Stories and articles travel through time and around the world – as far away as China – to reach your young learners.
Gorgeous illustrations, fun games, poems, and more keep kids engaged, while folktales and fiction entertain, and articles and history educate. Meet Edmonia Lewis, a sculptor who blazed a groundbreaking artistic path despite countless obstacles. And learn how the terracotta warriors of China were accidentally discovered. Or get some insight into the mysterious Mona Lisa. So much to learn, even more to love.
Enjoy features including:
· The Brannbein Delivery by Laila Miller
· Leonardo Ponders the Mona Lisa by Susan Schwartz Twiggs
· Wildfire by Eve Nadel Catarevas
· Favorite First Sentences from Cricket Readers
· Delayed Reactions by Dale Ward
· The lnvisible Red String by Quen Law
· Daisies by Robert Heidbreder
· The Emperor’s Army by Sally Lee
· King Tut Tours His Tomb by Heather Kinser
· Yao Bai and the Egg Pirates by Tim Myers
Regular features of CRICKET Magazine include Letterbox, Cricket Country, Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle, Cricket League, Cricket and Ladybug, and Old Cricket Says.