COBBLESTONE Magazine is often perfect, but this edition is picture perfect. Learn about how photography has helped capture America’s pivotal moments in history and shaped our vision of our past.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words and this edition of COBBLESTONE proves that point. Starting with an introduction to cameras—from our first box versions to modern phone photos, you and your young learners will examine how capturing history on film has contributed to our understanding and interpretations of our past. Delve into iconic photos of the Civil War and the impact they had on changing politics. See how photographs of people and places have had a huge impact on how we view history and the role photography played in forwarding science. Complete with games, vocabulary lessons, contests, articles, stories, and more, your young learners will stay focused and develop a whole new appreciation for pictures.
Enjoy features including:
· Photo by Brady by Daniel Spinella
· Wonders of the West by Marcia Amidon Lusted
· Snowflake Bentley by Barbara Eaglesham
· Father of Modern Photography by Harry S. Stout and Deborah H. DeFord
· Beauty in Nature by Andrew Matthews
· Worth a Thousand Words by Marcia Amidon Lusted
· I Spy a Cool Photographer: An Interview with Walter Wick by Emily Cambias
· Fabulous Photos Contest
· All About Photography Crossword Puzzle by Will Bremen
Regular features of COBBLESTONE Magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just for Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What? and Cartoon Connection.