This edition of COBBLESTONE Magazine focuses on making sense of cents. And dollars. The concept of money has been around for as long as civilization although it didn’t start with dollars and coins. Go back in history to follow the evolution of currency and see how it has changed the shape of our world.
Starting with barter and moving through bitcoin with a stop at the bank, you and your kids will dive into the various forms of currency through the ages. Your kids will come away with an understanding of what the elusive “gold standard” really means, how budgeting and saving works—and why you should!, and will gain an introduction to the fundamentals of interest. Plus, there is an important primer about debt, looking at both the pros and the cons of this concept. Chock full of cartoons, illustrations, games, and accessible articles, as well as dozens of practical tips, these lifelong lessons are delivered to your kids (and you!) in an entertaining and engaging way.
Enjoy features including:
- From Barter to Bitcoin by Gordon Grimwade
- The Gold Standard by Nick D’Alto
- Ways to Pay by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- You Can Bank on Banks by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- A Recipe for Savings by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- An Interesting Thing About Money by Kathiann M. Kowalski
- Get Into a Habit by Andrew Matthews
- Debt: Good or Bad? by Marcia Amidon Lusted
- Be Budget Wise by Will Bremen
- Time Is Money by Ebenezer and Colonel Crow
Regular features of COBBLESTONE magazine include: Did You Know, Going Global, Freeze Frame, Your Letters, Just For Fun, Dr. D’s Mystery Hero, Spotlight On…, Say What?, and Cartoon Connection.