This edition of ASK Magazine digs deep into the secret world of buried treasures. It’s a goldmine of information about the goldmine that might be right under your very feet.
If you’ve ever seen someone walking along the beach or a field with a metal detector, you might be curious why people do this. After reading the true story of Terry Herbert, who – with help from his metal detector – uncovered almost 4,000 pieces of gold, silver, and precious stones dating back to the 7th century! ASK Magazine has all the deets about this neat discovery, as well as an explanation of how metal detectors work, the secret world under New York City, true pirate tales, a guide to gemstones, and so much more.
Enjoy features including:
· The Broken Hoard by Tracy Vonder Brink
· How Do Metal Detectors Work?
· Luke N. Fursumting by Nol Ittering
· Are You a Pack Rat? by Joan Unterberg
· What’s Under New York City? by Meg Moss
· The Money Pit
· Ask a Pirate about Treasure by Pirate Pete
Regular features of ASK Magazine include Nosy News, Nestor’s Dock, Bot’s Mighty Math, Ask Ask, Contest and Letters, and Marvin and Friends.